February 8, 2010

Let's do the time warp .... AGAIN !!



What in the world ?

How does this happen ... one minute it's October and before I even realize ~ we are in f.e.b.r.u.a.r.y !!

Time that has moved so, so slow before is now gone (and sadly, usually before I am able to finish my coffee!).

I never realized how much Jackjack's casts kept us homebound, how time "stood still". Unable to sit or climb like other children his age, we hung out together at home where he was able to sit happily in his chair and "explore" as he should. I am so, so grateful for that time with him, time when I could focus just on him.

Now that we have freedom that we really never had (or that I thought we never had) ... time is disappearing! Together we have a full schedule which gets even busier once Nannie & Bennie get home. Jackjack and I absolutely love it Finally able to go for a ride on the sled, play freely with other children, climb, jump and (almost) run ... he smiles ear to ear the entire time.

I am grateful.


I, very sadly, fell off the Gratitude Challenge wagon ... hard ! Today, though, is the day I re-start and will finish.

Besides ... what better time to stop and take notice, appreciate all of our gifts than when time seems to be going way too fast ?!

Won't you join me ? Post to your blog, facebook and/or in our comments and share, proudly, what you are "greatful" for.

xo,
Steph

No comments: