May 14, 2009

a healing hip & a broken heart ....

I am so in love with this sweet face ... aren't you ?!?! 

Jackjack has continued to do well (?) this week .... I use the (?) because he seems to be healing well, his incisions look clean, his swelling is gone & his pain is definitely better, but he is sad & not quite back to being himself. 

He wants to "go, go, go" & tries, but his wee right leg that hasn't been free to build muscle in over a year is, basically, lost. He's not quite sure yet what to do & is not strong enough yet to do what he knows he wants to do. He has figured out how to scooch a few feet (with great effort, I might add) & then just looks at us with his big baby blues, drops his forehead on his hands & lets out the saddest sobs ... it just breaks my heart. That is, almost as much as the "MeMa .... I stuck, I stuck !" I get .... yup, complete with tears. 

I am sure that being able to get a full nights sleep would help him but he's finding it hard to sleep. We have figured out how to prop him so he can sleep on his tummy but he wakes every couple hours asking for "1, 2, 3", which had been our way of making rolling "fun" whenever he was casted.  We would rock him side to side while counting "1, 2, 3"  & flip him onto his tummy by his leg .... always getting giggles !! If I go in, turn him over & give him kisses he will go back to sleep but it's still not quite the same as a good deep sleep .... poor dude.

We have been heading outside for a long walk in the mornings & riding his "bike" to get the mail later in the afternoon but I wish I could do more for him. We have his first follow-up appointment tomorrow with Dr. Brindle in general surgery & we go back to see Dr. Jaughin on Tuesday.

Hannie had tests done for rheumatology last month during the great quest to find out what is happening in her sweet body to make her feel so horrible. The plan was that they would call only if her bloodwork returned with abnormal results. I had been quietly celebrating, as we hadn't heard anything .... but we got the call ... today. We go in .... tomorrow. Please keep Hannie in your prayers tonight ~ that whatever we find out tomorrow will help improve her health, that a diagnosis finally be made, & that whatever it is, we are able to make the best decisions for her treatment.

Just when we thought we were "in the clear" for awhile ... giggle !! Besides, you were getting bored reading just regular old day to day life stuff ~ right ?!?

XO,
Steph

ps ~ Thank you so, so much sweet "Brynnie" for taking such an awesome picture of Jackjack ~ it's my new fave !!!

2 comments:

Auntie jenn said...

Hes made it this far Steph! Not much longer! He and you can do it!

Auntie Stine said...

I am eager to hear how Han's appt went. Call me in the morning if you know something already. I know mom was watching Jackjack today or was it just more testing?